You have the idea. You know your goal. Getting there takes a well-built financial strategy and implementation map. But owning a small business can be a lonely job and you feel like you are a “jack of all trades and master of none.” You’re tired of the missed opportunities and stress caused by trying to manage your financial strategy without expert advice.
Better financial management reduces your stress and allow you to capture more opportunities. A coach is a guide that takes you from financial confusion to clarity and confidence.
A coach can provide:
- Expert insights: You access decades of experience
- An independent perspective to make better decisions.
- Accountability to get things done
- The comfort of having quick expert answers always available by email.
Below are tips and tools for small business financial management.
CFO Perspective Articles
- Avoid These Business Decision-Making Errors That Can Sabotage You
- Business Goals Move You From Distraction to Direction
- Hidden Opportunities for Your Burned-Out Employees
- 4 Proven Ways to Prioritize Your Goals and Tasks
- How to Use Marginal Profitability Analysis for Better Decisions
- Are You Caught in the Business Growth Trap?
- How to Create a Cash Flow Projection
- 4 Product Pricing Strategies and Mistakes to Avoid
"I am an optometrist and I’ve been in practice in Spokane since 2000. I’ve always liked and have done well in math. It took me quite a few years to realize that being good at math does not necessarily mean I can effectively analyze the many important financial numbers of my practice. It is much better, and a much better use of my time to utilize the talents of someone that deciphers financial numbers professionally. CFO Perspective filled that gap for us. I feel fortunate that our small optometry clinic was able to benefit from an analysis from a Chief Financial Officer with decades of experience, wisdom that would typically be inaccessible to small businesses. Rob Stephens has a calm, reassuring manner and heart of a teacher. He has been a pleasure to know and is very effective at the service he provides. " – Dr Nils W Ohlsen
"Rob is one of my favorite people to work with. He’s an extremely good communicator, both in how he frames discussions as well as being prepared for what questions and conversational paths will come up. He also explains complex concepts in a way that is easy to understand – pitching his pace and the amount of information he’s providing based off my varying degree of understanding. This makes it incredibly easy to work together. There is an implicit trust that no matter what I ask, he will provide a thoughtful and insightful answer. He also has a self-effacing sense of humor which is quite honestly disarming, and has managed to convince me that Finance can actually be fun. " – Jen O’Callaghan, SVP of Marketing, Numerica Credit Union
CFO Perspective Services
You can visit my About Page to learn more about my experience and expertise.
Through consulting you receive:
- CFO-Level Insights: You gain access to my CFO experience
- Business and Personal Finance Coordination: My knowledge of personal financial planning can help optimize your business for your personal financial needs.
- Decision Clarity: The more complex a decision, the more you need to understand the thinking errors that can cloud your judgment. I can help to provide clarity.
- Support for Tough Decisions: Some business decisions are fraught with emotional and relational conflicts. My knowledge of financial therapy allows me to help guide you through this.
The standard agenda for our calls are:
- Review financial statement trends
- Review prior quarter goals
- Set next quarter goals
- Topic of your choice: choices include financing decisions, pricing decisions, budgeting, setting performance targets, etc.
Coaching participants also receive 25% off all my other programs.
You also receive unlimited email access to me.
Quartlerly calls with unlimited email access to me are $495/yr. Financial strategy coaching calls give you access to the expertise and insights of an experienced CFO at a fraction of the cost of hiring a CFO. Keep your overhead low by outsourcing the bookkeeping to an inexpensive accountant but receive strategic financial management guidance during monthly coaching calls with unlimited email support.
It’s simple to see if this is the right move for both of us. Schedule a free consultation call to explain your situation and goals. Sometimes the call ends with me providing a couple of ideas for you to pursue. Most times we develop a clear scope of how we work together to improve your business.